Tate County Unclaimed Money/Property Event 2/6/2023
The Tate County Board of Supervisors has partnered with State Treasurer David McRae’s office to help citizens of the county search the state’s unclaimed money list and file claims for funds. These unclaimed funds come from accounts that are either inactive, or whose owners and heirs have not been located, with some accounts worth hundreds of thousands of dollars yet to be claimed. The Mississippi Treasury currently holds millions of dollars in funds just waiting to be claimed by the rightful owners!
When: Monday, February 6, 2023 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
Where: Northwest MS Community College Haraway Center
152 Alumni Drive
Senatobia, MS 38668
To expedite claims, individuals are encouraged to bring the following:
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID card, etc.)
- Social Security Card (OR official document containing the SSN)
- Proof of address (utility bill, etc.)
- Proof of name change (marriage license, divorce decree, etc.)
- If the owner is deceased, bring the death certificate, will, obituary, or affidavit of death
Check the state’s full listing at to see if there is unclaimed money in your name or loved ones’ names.
Complete list of Mississippi based citizens and businesses with unclaimed funds: https://treasury.ms.gov/for-citizens/unclaimed-property/
You can see what information is required for various claim types at the site below: